I’m Jessica and I'm on a mission to...
help you transform your ideas and space in meaningful ways so that you can reach your full potential with more clarity, creativity and confidence.
Helping you clean out the clutter, in your physical space, as well as with your creative ideas, is how transformation occurs. I can help you let go of the things you don’t need – the stuff that covers up your big idea or your kitchen counter – so you can uncover the gold underneath, the stuff you absolutely do need. Think of me as your clutter to clarity coach!
Working as a portfolioist at the intersection of experiential education and organization for the majority of my professional career, I’ve learned that collaborative problem-solving propels ideas and actions forward, and my main role is to facilitate the process so that progress can be achieved.
As a curious and adventurous Aries soul moving freely between form and function, structure and flow, pragmatism and creativity, I know how challenging it can be to optimize our time, space, energy levels and finances. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed and stressed out. I help you create the conditions for your success, so you can easily move from clutter to clarity and beyond.
Professional & Personal Experiences Guiding My Work
- 25+ years creating, designing, facilitating and leading innovative educational courses and workshops worldwide
- 20+ years as a motivational speaker transforming audiences young and old through talks on building resilience, creativity and confidence
- 15+ years as the edupreneurial founder and chief catalyst at kika creative – transforming clutter into clarity
- 10+ years teaching communications, social sciences, business and life skills in both postsecondary and secondary institutions
- Educational Leadership M.Ed. @ McGill, Teaching & Education M.Sc. @ Niagara, Recreation Leadership B.Sc. @ Arizona State
- 5 years re-designing, organizing, de-cluttering and optimizing space for home and work
- 5 years writing about educational and organizational ideas, theories, and strategies online
- Professional training as an experiential educator, life coach, professional organizer, and outdoor trip leader
- Living, working and travelling in over 45 countries as an adventurous, active and curious global citizen
- Creating, self-publishing and promoting Kika The Upside-Down Girl, a children’s book that’s sold over 1500 copies worldwide
- Member of Canada’s 5th place women’s gymnastics team at the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles, CA
- Enjoying an active family life in Toronto and the Kawartha’s, Ontario, Canada
I’m also an author, and my children’s book, Kika the Upside-Down Girl, inspires children to embrace their differences and boldly live out their dreams, in any direction they choose!
The story mirrors my own choices as an “outsider”, and is also a testament to the way I do business. I was an Olympic gymnast in my youth, and realized as an adult and mom, that I had a compelling story to share. In 2013, I wrote, designed, crowdfunded and self-published Kika the Upside-down Girl. Clarity, creative problem-solving and determination enabled me to successfully transform my idea into reality, and helping others realize their goals is a great source of my motivation. I love sharing Kika’s story and publishing journey with diverse audiences so please email me about speaking opportunities or to order a personalized copy.