I’m Jessica and I'm on a mission to...
help people transform their space and their ideas in meaningful ways in order to move forward with more clarity, creativity and confidence.
Helping you clean out the clutter, in your physical space, as well as with your creative ideas, is how transformation occurs. I can help you let go of the things you don’t need – the stuff that covers up your big idea or your kitchen counter – so you can uncover the gold underneath, the stuff you absolutely do need. Think of me as your clutter to clarity coach!
Working as a portfolioist at the intersection of experiential education and organization for the majority of my professional career, I’ve learned that collaborative problem-solving propels ideas and actions forward, and my main role is to facilitate the process so that progress can be achieved.
As a curious and adventurous Aries soul moving freely between form and function, structure and flow, pragmatism and creativity, I know how hard it is to optimize time, space, money, and energy. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed and stressed. I help people create the conditions for success so they can move from clutter to clarity more easily.
Professional & Personal Experiences Guiding My Work
- 25+ years designing & leading innovative educational initiatives worldwide: Trent, OCAD, Seneca, City of Toronto, Interlocken + more!
- Educational Leadership M.Ed. @ McGill, Teaching & Education M.Sc. @ Niagara, Recreation Leadership B.Sc. @ Arizona State
- 20+ years as a motivational speaker transforming audiences young and old through talks on building resilience, creativity and confidence
- 15 years as a portfolioist, self–employed edupreneur, and founder of kika creative
- 10 years teaching practical study skills, social sciences & business in both postsecondary and secondary institutions
- 5 years de-cluttering, re-designing, organizing, and optimizing space for home and work spaces big and small
- 5 years writing about educational and organizational transformations online
- Professional training as an experiential educator, life coach, professional organizer, and outdoor trip leader
- Living, working and travelling in over 45 countries as an adventurous, active and curious global citizen
- Representing Canada on the 5th place women’s gymnastics team at the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles, CA
- Creating, publishing and promoting Kika The Upside-Down Girl, a children’s book that’s sold over 1500 copies
- Enjoying an active family life with in downtown Toronto and in the Kawartha’s
I’m also an author, and my children’s book, Kika the Upside-Down Girl, inspires children to embrace their differences and boldly live out their dreams, in any direction they choose!
The story mirrors my own choices as an “outsider”, and is also a testament to the way I do business. I was an Olympic gymnast in my youth, and realized as an adult and mom, that I had a compelling story to share. In 2013, I wrote, designed, crowdfunded and published Kika the Upside-down Girl independently. Clarity, creative problem-solving and determination enabled me to successfully transform my idea into reality, and helping others realize their goals is a great source of my motivation. I love sharing Kika’s story and publishing journey with audiences of all ages so please email me about speaking options or to order a personalized copy.